Electronic council meetings in Chatham-Kent are bringing changes to the deputation process.
Members of the public who want to make deputations to Chatham-Kent Council can still do so, however, the lack of a physical meeting means those submissions will need to be provided to the municipal clerk in writing, Municipal officials stated.
The next electronic meeting of council will be held Monday, April 6 at 6 p.m.
The agenda for the meeting can be found at: https://www.chatham-kent.ca/local-government/council/council-meetings/council-meeting-april-6-2020
Anyone who wants to speak to the issues before council must provide an electronic copy of the submission to the municipal clerk’s office email@example.com by 3 p.m. on Monday, April 6.
The deputations will be provided to council in advance of the meeting and will be verbally read by the clerk during the meeting.
It will also be located on the municipality’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MunicCK/ where it can be viewed at any time.
Members of the media are encouraged to contact the mayor and councillors on their municipal cell phone numbers following the meeting. The contact list can be found at https://www.chatham-kent.ca/local-government/council.
Here are the items set to be dealt with by Council at Monday’s meeting:
– Don Shropshire, Chief Administrative Officer, will provide a presentation, which will provide an update on COVID-19.
– A motion by Wallaceburg Councillor Carmen McGregor re: Multi-Year Budgeting. More details, here.
– Council will review information reports on the following items: EMS COVID-19 Temporary Service Level Adjustment, Municipal Website Refresh Project – Survey Results, Let’s Talk Chatham-Kent Report, Municipal By-law Enforcement Team Related to Provincial Covid-19 Orders and CK Growth Strategy and Economic Recovery.
– A Tender Award Contract for Hot Mix & Fibre Reinforced Asphalt Resurfacing Program.
– A Tender Award Contract for Cemetery Road Improvements.
– A Single Source Tender Award Contract for Fibre Reinforced Surface Treatment.
– A Single Source Tender Award Contract for Surface Treatment.
– A Request for Proposal for Developing Affordable Housing, 1967177 Ontario Limited, on Dolsen Ave. in Chatham.
– A report on COVID-19 Payment Deferral.
– A report on the SWIFT Loan Agreement.
– A motion by West Kent Councillor Melissa Harrigan re: Wheatley Recreation Fund.
– A report on the Repeat Offender Fee.
– A motion by South Kent Councillor Trevor Thompson re: Pedestrian Activated Cross Walk.
– A report on Erie Shore Drive – Re-Opening One Way, Local Traffic Only (report will be available by Friday).
– Reports on Road Dedication By-laws and Appointment By-laws.
– Council will meet electronically in closed session to discuss the following: Litigation or potential litigation affecting the municipality and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Erie Shore Drive and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Bell Canada.