Some CKTransit routes are set to return to normal this upcoming week.
“CKTransit is reminding ridership that public transit remains in operation for essential travel only,” Municipal officials said in a media release.
“Essential travel means riders requiring transit service to get to and from work, or to secure essential goods and services.”
Municipal officials say the following service changes come into effect Monday May 11, 2020:
– Routes 1, 2, 3, and 4 will return to normal hours and will operate from 6:15 a.m. to 7:15 p.m., Monday to Saturday, every 30 minutes.
– Route 5 will return to normal hours and will operate from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday to Saturday, every 60 minutes.
Municipal officials say the following services will remain on reduced services hours:
– Chatham and Wallaceburg Accessible will operate from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Sunday service remains suspended.
– The 6:45 p.m. departure for Inter-Urban Routes A, C, and D remains suspended. All other Inter-Urban route departure times from the Chatham Terminal are operating.
– CKTransit On-Request evening service remains suspended.
“Changes are in effect until further notice,” Municipal officials say.
“Bus operators will be enforcing social distancing measures by limiting capacity to no more than six riders at a time. Do not make trips into the community unless it is essential. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home.”
Future notices will be issued through the media, CKTransit.ca, at the Downtown Chatham Terminal, and on transit vehicles, Municipal officials say.
Up-to-date information may not be available at every shelter.
“We appreciate the understanding of our riders during this difficult time,” Municipal officials say.