Friday, August 7, 2020

Heat warning, mix of sun & cloud, chance of showers, thunderstorm risk, high 34°C, humidex 40°C

Today – July 8, 2020

Sunny this morning and early this afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms this afternoon. High 34. Humidex 40. UV index 10 or very high.

Tonight

Partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early this evening. Otherwise clear. Risk of thunderstorms early this evening. Low 21.

Heat warning

A prolonged period of hot weather will continue through the rest of this week.

Daytime high temperatures in excess of 31 degrees Celsius, with humidex values near forty, are expected this week. Overnight lows near or in excess of 21 degrees Celsius are also expected through this period, providing little relief from the heat.

A slightly cooler airmass with showers may move into the area this weekend, however there is considerable uncertainty.

Please refer to your public forecast for further details on expected temperatures.

Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can result in the Air Quality Health Index approaching the high risk category.

Extreme heat affects everyone.

The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Thu, 9 Jul – Mainly sunny. High 34. Humidex 39. UV index 10 or very high. Night – Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 23.

Fri, 10 Jul – A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. High 34. Night – Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 21.

Sat, 11 Jul – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 29. Night – Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 19.

Sun, 12 Jul – Cloudy. High 30. Night – Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 18.

Mon, 13 Jul – A mix of sun and cloud. High 29. Night – Cloudy periods. Low 18.

Tue, 14 Jul – A mix of sun and cloud. High 31.

- Advertisment -