CK Public Health has released more details about what Stage 3 of the Province’s reopening looks like in Chatham-Kent.
“Moving into Stage 3, we must remember that COVID-19 is still present in Chatham-Kent,” stated Dr. David Colby, Chatham-Kent’s Medical Officer of Health, in a media release.
“Continue to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres/six feet from all persons outside your household or social circle of ten.”
CK Public Health officials say Dr. Colby is permitting that the following operations in Chatham-Kent may resume service as early as Friday, July 17 at 12:01 a.m. with public health measures in place:
– Outdoor recreational facilities, including playgrounds and splash pads.
– Indoor facilities for sports and recreational fitness activities, including gymnasia, yoga and dance studios and other fitness facilities.
– Training for indoor team sports and individual high-contact sports.
– Seated dining indoors at restaurants and bars; no buffets.
– Personal services for the face (facials, facial piercings, eyebrow waxing, eyelash extensions etc.)
– Performing arts shows and cinemas with reduced capacity for physical distancing.
– Casinos (slots and electronic gaming only; no table games) and charitable gaming halls and events, including horse racing.
– Remaining workplaces may open, with remote work wherever possible.
CK Public Health officials say some municipal services/local businesses may choose not to reopen at this time, at their discretion.
Businesses should only reopen if they have proper and responsible health and safety measures in place, officials added.
The limits for social gatherings have increased: indoors to 50 people, and outdoors to 100 people, both with physical distancing measures, CK Public Health officials say.
Social circles (the amount of people you can have close contact with) remain at a maximum of 10 people.
The following services remain closed until further notice:
– Municipally operated pools.
– Day camps.
CK Public Health reminds the public that if you are going out into the community during Stage 3, please remember:
– Maintain a distance of 2 metres/6 feet from people outside of your social circle.
– Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer with 70% alcohol as frequently as possible.
– Stay home if you’re not feeling well.
– Masks may be worn in indoor public spaces, but are not a substitute for physical distancing.
A full, detailed list, along with the additional local directives can be found on CK Public Health’s COVID-19 website, here.