The 2020 Festival of Giving is going virtual.
On October 17, 2020, the Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation will host its annual event in a new way, with the theme ‘Until we can FOG again’.
Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation officials say with restrictions on social gatherings put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the group is planning for a virtual event, while still raising funds for the Children’s Treatment Centre.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has definitely made an impact on our fundraising projects,” stated Mike Genge, Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation president, in a press release.
“But the Foundation continues to work as a team to come up with different ways of meeting our fundraising goals, so that we can continue to support the over 5,000 kids that use the Centre each year.”
Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation officials say virtual guests can expect:
– A bag filled with goodies from local Chatham-Kent businesses, valued at $75.
– A tax receipt valued at $100.
– A one in 1,000 chance to win a 2020 Mazda3 GX1, sponsored by Chatham Mazda.
– Silent auction items available to bid on the week prior to the event and LIVE auction items to bid on the evening of the event.
– An evening of entertainment and fun, all from the comfort of your home.
More details will be shared soon, Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation officials say.
If you purchased a ticket that was to be used in April, the ticket will be honoured for the October 17 event.
Once details are finalized, all ticket holders will be notified of the new information via email.
A relaunch of ticket sales will begin on August 4, 2020.
Funds raised by the Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation directly supports therapy and services for children at the centre.
For more information, call 519-354-0520 ext. 215, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ctcf-ck.com.