Thursday, December 2, 2021

House fire outside of Bothwell

Chatham-Kent firefighters responded to a house fire outside of Bothwell on Friday evening, November 12, 2021.

“At 9:39 p.m. yesterday evening Station #9 – Bothwell, assisted by Station #8 – Thamesville attended 30072 West Bothwell Road for a structure fire,” fire officials said in a media release.

“When crews arrived, flames were visible through the roof. Crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire. The cause was accidental. No injuries, however, one person was displaced.”

An estimated $100,000 in damages was caused.

“The home had working smoke alarms,” fire officials say.

“With the cold weather upon us, CK Fire is reminding residents to please ensure wood stove and fireplace chimneys are cleaned before use and inspected by a professional.”

Fire officials say they offer free CHiRP Home Safety Checks.

“Firefighters will come to your home check your alarms and chat about fire safety with you and your family,” fire officials say.

“To request a CHiRP Check call 519-360-1998 or email”

- Advertisment -