Traffic stop leads to weapons charges
Chatham-Kent Police Service officials allege: On August 5, 2022 members of the Chatham-Kent Police were conducting an investigation in the town of Blenheim.
Police observed the subject of this investigation in the passenger seat of a motor vehicle and conducted a traffic stop.
The 22 year old Blenheim man was found to be in possession of a .22 caliber rifle; to which he was not licensed to possess.
As a result of the investigation the accused was arrested and held for bail on the following offences;
– Theft of Credit Card S. 342.1(a) CC x2
– Utter Threats to Cause Bodily Harm S. 264.1(1)(a) CC
– Assault with a Weapon S. 267(a) CC (Threats to use Weapon)
– Fail to Comply with Probation 733.1(1) CC
– Mischief Under $5000.00
– CC 430(4), Possession of a Weapon Contrary to Order Sec 117.01 (1) C.C. Firearm (S. 110 order)
– Possession of a Weapon Contrary to Order Sec 117.01 (1) C.C. Ammunition .22 cal (S. 110 order)
– Possession of a Weapon Contrary to Order Sec 117.01 (1) C.C. Ammunition 12 ga shells (S. 110 order)
– Possession of a Firearm knowing its Possession is Unauthorized S. 92(1) CC
– Fail to Comply with Probation 733.1(1) CC x3
Police are looking for the public’s assistance
Chatham-Kent Police Service officials allege: The Chatham-Kent Police Service seeks the public’s assistance in identifying these individuals in a theft investigation in Harwich Township.
If you have information that could help with this investigation, please contact Constable Mike Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anonymous callers may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 and may be eligible for a cash reward.
Woman arrested for domestic offences
Chatham-Kent Police Service officials allege: Shortly after 3 p.m., police responded to a domestic disturbance on Richmond Street in Dresden.
Police learned a man attended the woman’s home and the two engaged in a verbal argument.
The argument escalated into a physical altercation when the woman assaulted the man.
The 48-year-old Dresden woman was arrested and charged with assault and transported to police headquarters.
She was released on conditions and a future court date of September 30, 2022.