Here is a run down of what you will see in this weeks Sydenham Current Mailbox!
– Poll question results for: “Now that the Wallaceburg fair is cancelled, how do you feel?”
– ICYMI (In Case You Missed It): Shaun Suisham signs an extension, WOW winners at the Dresden Fair, funnel cloud spotted in C-K.
– Hot topic: Man comes face-to-face with an intruder!
– New poll question
“Now that the Wallaceburg fair is cancelled, how do you feel?”
– Happy – Good. It’s a waste of money anyway. – 50% (19 votes)
– Indifferent – I’m over it. – 26.32% (10 votes)
– Disappointed – Why didn’t someone step up to organize it? – 23.68% (9 votes)
– Angry – How could our fair be taken away?! – 0% (0 votes)
Total Votes: 38
Wallaceburg’s own Shaun Suisham had a great week this week, especially off the field!
Financial details of his brand new four-year extension were not disclosed by the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the extension will keep Suisham in the black and yellow until at least the 2018 season.
We held a contest recently before the 139th annual Dresden Exhibition. Jana Weese-Grubb from Dresden was the WOW winner of four bracelets for the fair that weekend.
Here is a photo of the four lucky kids who got to use them!
This photo was snapped by a member of the Chatham-Kent Police Service.
Did anyone else snap any? Feel free to text any storm photos to us at 519-365-1079.
Residents in the rural community in St. Clair Township had an “unwelcome” visitor last week.
Police say the man came from Sarnia, in a stolen pick-up truck, crashed the truck into a field, fled into a bush and even decided to break into Corey Kinny’s house looking for a “drink of water.”
This story created some chatter as well:
George on Facebook said: “Great story!! Glad you are the best and first to post this!!”
DV on Facebook said: “On Sunday, Sarnia & Lambton police notified us by phone that there was a possible tornado in this area. They should be doing the same & advising residents that there is a suspect on the loose hiding in area bushes. This would assist the police with residents keeping a watchful eye to notify them & at the same time having residents lock up their vehicles to avoid another crime from happening.”
DV also said on Facebook: “Has a name been given out yet? Maybe that would help in the search.”
NEW POLL QUESTION
This poll is also posted on the homepage of the Sydenham Current!