Chatham-Kent Council met for a regular meeting on Monday night, November 4, 2019.
A link to the full agenda can be seen, here.
Here is a recap of the meeting:
– A motion by Councillor Ceccacci re: Tree Cover in Chatham-Kent was approved as amended. The date of the report coming back was changed to January 13, 2020. More background, here.
– A report on Physician Recruitment and Retention Initiatives was unanimously approved.
– Wallaceburg Councillor Aaron Hall entered a notice of motion re: Wallaceburg Community Hub. Watch for more on this story.
– Council met in closed session to discuss a Blenheim Landfill Liaison Committee Appointment and the Appointment of Integrity Commissioner/Closed Meeting Investigator.
– Four planning reports were approved, from Tilbury, Blenheim and two in Chatham.
– An Offer to Purchase – Parkland, Churchill Park Road was approved
– An Update on Council’s Climate Emergency Declaration was received.
– An information report on Construction Site Security was received.
– Councillor Anthony Ceccacci entered a notice of motion about the upgrading of the existing gravel on-street parking along John St. West in Blenheim.
– Councillor Mark Authier entered a notice of motion about the Renaming of a park on Wheatley.
– A report on Governance Agreement with Metrolinx and Vehicle Purchase was approved
– A report on Extension of Services – Municipal Property Tax Software was approved.
– A motion by Councillor Doug Sulman re: Arena Complex Financial Updates was approved.