Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Special weather statement, snow on the way, high 5°C

Special weather statement

A significant snowfall is expected Wednesday into Wednesday night.

Snow is expected to begin this evening before becoming heavy near midday Wednesday. Heavy snow will continue through Wednesday afternoon and evening before tapering to flurries Wednesday night.

There remains much uncertainty regarding the track of this low, but total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by Thursday morning.

Motorists should be prepared for poor winter driving conditions due to low visibilities in heavy snow and quickly accumulating snow.

This snow is the result of a Texas Low that will track over Eastern Ontario Wednesday night.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Today – February 25, 2020

Periods of rain ending early this morning then mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of rain showers. Periods of rain mixed with snow beginning late this afternoon. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 5. UV index 2 or low.

Tonight

Periods of rain mixed with snow changing to snow this evening. Wind northeast 20 km/h. Low zero.

Wed, 26 Feb – Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 2. UV index 1 or low. Night – Periods of snow. Low minus 5.

Thu, 27 Feb – A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. High minus 2. Night – Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 6.

Fri, 28 Feb – A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 2. Night – Cloudy periods. Low minus 8.

Sat, 29 Feb – A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 1. Night – Cloudy periods. Low minus 7.

Sun, 1 Mar – A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1. Night – Cloudy periods. Low minus 4.

Mon, 2 Mar – Cloudy. High plus 3.

- Advertisment -