Chatham-Kent Council held their first ever electronic meeting on Monday night, March 23, 2020.
Councillors and staff worked remotely for the meeting, which was live streamed online.
— Aaron Hall (@Aaron__Hall) March 23, 2020
— Trevor Thompson (@TThompson_CK) March 23, 2020
— Brock McGregor (@brockmcgregor) March 23, 2020
Council held a “Special Council Meeting” to begin the evening in order to pass amendments to the procedure by-law permitting electronic council meetings, which Council did approve. This comes as a result of the Ontario Legislature’s passage of the ‘The Municipal Emergency Act, 2020.’
Check out the video recap of the meeting, here:
Here is recap of the items dealt with during the meeting:
– Wallaceburg Councillor Carmen McGregor entered a notice of motion for staff to look into multi-year budgeting. Watch for more on this story.
– A report on the Together CK Events Grant – 2020 Funding Recommendations was sent back to staff for more consultation. Watch for more on this story.
– A recommendation to appoint Wallaceburg Councillor Aaron Hall to the St. Clair Region Conservation Authority was approved.
– Information reports were received on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Status Report, Innovative Housing and the 2019 Statement of Remuneration & Expenses for Elected and Appointed Officials.
– A committee report was received, which included minutes from the Budget Committee from its meetings held on January 15, January 28, January 29, and January 30, 2020.
– A Tender Award Contract for Cold In-Place Recycling with Expanded Asphalt Material was approved.
– A Tender Award for the Deary Drain Improvements – Pump No. 2 in Raleigh was approved.
– Tender Award for Supply and Place Gravel was approved.
– A contract for structure rehabilitation for the Fifth Street Bridge over the Thames River in Chatham was approved.
– A report on CKTransit Vehicle Purchase, 6-metre and 9-metre was approved.
– A report on the lease of farmland at the Chatham-Kent Municipal Airport was approved.
– A report on the 2020 Vehicle and Equipment Replacement List was approved.
– An Application for Site Plan Control by 2436217 Ontario Inc. and 2482418 Ontario Inc. for 545 and 550 Bloomfield Road in Chatham was approved.
– A report on a Purchase of Service Agreement with Kids Connection Daycare was approved.
– A report on Affordable Housing Development – 2020 Ontario Priorities Housing Initiative Year 2 and Municipal Contributions was approved.
– A report on the 2019 Request for Encumbrance Reserve was approved.
– A recommendation on Renaming of Two Creeks Trail to the Grant Bowman Trail was approved.
– A report on the Business Improvement Areas – Board of Management Appointments was approved
– A total of seven planning reports were all approved by Council.