Sunday, December 4, 2022

Childs family hosting 48th annual Christmas Luncheon on December 13

The Childs family in Wallaceburg is set to host their 48th annual Christmas Luncheon next month.

The event will be held on Tuesday, December 13 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Black Goose in Wallaceburg.

The meal, prepared by the Black Goose crew, will consist of: roast beef, red potato mashed, gravy, corn, slaw, rolls, butter, and pie.

Cost is all for a donation.

Organizers say 75% of the proceeds will go to Wallaceburg Salvation Army, with the other 25% going to the Wallaceburg Pantry, which supports local people in need.

There are a few ways to help out the cause:

– Fill out an order form and book your meal for the day. Order forms are available at the Black Goose or on the Goose Facebook page.

– Make a donation by etransfer to theblackgoose@hotmail.ca or stop by the Goose and make a donation via cheque or cash. Tax receipts will be issued. Cheques are to be made payable to The Salvation Army.

– Reserve a table at the Goose and stop in for lunch or dinner that day. The beef dinner will be the only offering.

“This is a Wallaceburg tradition that has been supported for 48 years,” the Black Goose posted on social media.

“Please help us help others. You receive a nice meal, you make a donation to help a great cause. It’s win win.”

In the 48 years, the Childs family has raised $355,707.

Take-out is available as well.

The Goose can be reached at 519-627-4444.

- Advertisment -